1. Journal page, mixed media.
2. 'Where's the rest of the troop?', watercolour, 9.5 by 12 ins, paper.
3. 'Susie and her catnip mouse toy'.
1. Journal page with a sprinkling of poetry. Daler Rowney sketchbook.
Words read as follows:-
I felt it brush against my cheek
for a moment
There was silence.
Suddenly she spoke:
a tiny spring
bubbling out of a hillside.
I enjoy using phrases cut out of old books and re-assembled into a snippet of poetry.
2. Watercolour sketch of a lion-tailed monkey. These monkeys from India are critically endangered.
They are so regal-looking with their lion manes and distinctive black and white fur.
To become better at watercolours, I really should take time to practice with them. Maybe this should be one of my goals for next year!
3. Finally, here is Miss Susie playing with her catnip toy from Poundland. It came with a supply of the dried catnip herb. She loves inhaling it.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas and that you are all set for the New Year ahead in 2017!!
Bye for now...